Here’s all the info you need for this week’s challenge! WE are really excited about this one! WE are moving to a green screen backdrop for the show as we dive into a secret project that will take up our build table. So, as a fun way to feature art by our viewers, we’re challenging you to come up with a LEGO backdrop we can use on the show. The best part is, everyone who submits a photo will get their build used as a backdrop on the show on an upcoming episode!
1. Create a backdrop that is predominantly LEGO. Colored backgrounds are allowed but it should be mostly LEGO.
2. Dimensions: Be sure to photograph & build to take advantage of the wide aspect ratio! If you’re using your phone to take the picture, hold it sideways! The exact dimensions are 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels tall as in the photo above. You could also use 1280 x 720. YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE YOUR IMAGE THESE EXACT DIMENSIONS! Just be aware that some cropping might take place to fit it on the screen. PRO TIP: While you’re building, try looking at your build through your camera to see what it will look like!
3. Be sure your build fills the screen! We love your kitchen table but we want this to be immersive!
4. Remember that we take up a bit of the screen! Take a look at any of the shows to get an idea of what you can actually see.
5. Go crazy with this! It can be a mosaic, a 3 dimensional room, underwater, in space! the sky is the limit!
6. Some things we like: Spooky stuff, Space, Pop Culture silliness, architecture, Dungeons & Dragons, LEGO Elves, Monster Fighters, Classic Space
All entries are due by 5pm PST on Thursday for inclusion in the Friday slideshow!
You can submit your photos through our Google form Which you can find HERE. This is the preferred method!
If you are unable to use the form, you can email your entry to email@example.com.
1. Please limit your entries to 3 images only!
2. Please name your images the same name as your “Display Name” ie: If you wan to be called “AwsmeLGOMstr47” on the show, then name your image AwsmeLGOMstr47.jpg
3. Please limit your descriptions to 1-2 short paragraphs. We love your stories, but we want to have time for all of them!
Have fun with this and make amazing builds!